Surgery.

In 4 days I will be having surgery...

For the past few weeks our mailbox and front door step have be inundated with words of encouragement and prayer, care packages to get me through post surgery, and more offers to help in whatever way possible. I am so overwhelmed with gratitude for the kindness of so many people. Thank you so much for all of your prayers, kind words, sweet gifts, and willingness to help. I am so very grateful!

Surprisingly, I am feeling pretty good about surgery on Tuesday. I'm just ready for it to be over with at this point.

Here are a few prayer requests for surgery on Tuesday:

1) The cancer stayed in my breast and did not venture out to my lymph nodes or anywhere further
2) Both surgeries to go smoothly (bi-lateral mastectomy and reconstruction part 1) - Pray for my doctors (by name if you want - Dr. Morehouse and Dr. Mackay), the nurses, the anesthesiologist, and anyone else who may be involved.
3) Pain management after the surgery. I know I will be ok, I know it will be painful, I know it will be hard, but I will be fine! I had a natural birth with John, I can certainly do this right?!? ;)
4) Sleep - I've had really bad allergies this week and Steven and I have both been having trouble sleeping. I'm sure the impending surgery will only make it more difficult the next few days.
5) Anxiety after surgery - surprisingly I have been emotionally great the past week, but I'm a little worried about after surgery.

That's all for now, quick and sweet.
Thank you for joining me in prayer.
Carly


Comments

  1. Carly, I am friends with Malloree Gray, and saw her post on Facebook and just read your entire blog. The Lord is so pleased with your faith, lady. Oh how His heart is blessed by the sweet aroma that is rising up to Him from the praise of you lips (and keypad :) ). I have begun praying for you and will continue to do so. I am so THRILLED to hear how the Lord works out this whole situation. He is good, Carly. He is SO good. I have experienced His physical healing (for the now, at least), in a way that I thought wasn't the best. But He has sustained my life through 13 brain surgeries since I was 12, countless MRIs (yes and amen to your comment about how they are just no fun at all), And I have had 2 kids since my last surgeries. The Lord is going to receive glory through your life, Carly. He has chosen you to display His glory through. Woah. What an honor. Praying for His peace that surpasses all understanding to flood and inundate your life.
    -Amanda Mullins

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda, Thank you so much for your sweet words of encouragement and prayers. Thank you for sharing your story with me too. Much love!!

      Delete
  2. Carly, I am a friend of Kara Glencross' and have been reading your blog and praying for you. Today is obviously a huge day for you, and I want you to know that you are being lifted up in prayer by strangers far and wide. Your faith astounds me and it is beyond inspirational. Keep clinging to your faith and relying on The Great Healer. Many blessings to you and your family. ~Lisa Rose
    PS-Sharing a verse that I'm sure you know well. My mom gave this verse to me when I was a child as I worried about everything. I still tend to worry, so I find myself reciting this passage all of the time.
    "Do not fear, for I am with you;
    Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you, surely I will help you,
    Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."
    ~Isaiah 41:10 (NASB)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa, Thank you so much for reaching out to me and sharing the verse. I need to write that one down in my book to remember! I am so overwhelmed with gratitude for how many people are choosing to pray for me and my situation. Thank you so very much for your prayers and encouragement!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cancer. Part 1.

Post Surgery: the good, the bad, and the ugly!