Cancer. Part 2.

When I found out that I (possibly) had cancer from the MRI results, I sent out an email for close friends and family to pray. The last post was the first email I sent out... I didn't know that I had cancer yet, this is the 2nd email (below). I still didn't know and we were spending John's 2nd birthday getting an ultrasound guided biopsy (to determine if the mass from the MRI was cancer or not) rather than getting to go spend the day celebrating him. I had to wait through the weekend - and his birthday party- for the results of whether is would be cancer or not. The waiting was the hardest few days I've experienced so far. I can't even sugar coat those few days. It was awful.

Here's the email --

My precious friends and family- 

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your prayers, your encouragement, your fasting, man y'all know how to rise up! I just left the breast center and had the ultrasound. They found one spot, but not the other. 

Deuteronomy 31:6(NIV)Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."

Good news:
-Initially I was going by myself today, which was completely my decision with house repairs going on and it being John's birthday, but last night at almost midnight I changed my mind and Steven's dad was able to come sit at our house while the contractors are there. Praise God that happened because now I'm having a biopsy in 2 hours and he's here and I'm so thankful. 
-They were able to schedule an ultrasound biopsy in 2 hours... at 12:15. My fear is that it's because of the urgency that they were able to schedule it so soon, but I refuse to be a slave to fear. Results will be sometime early next week. 
-While my emotions are very high, I feel a complete peace. If you get a minute listen to these two songs. Shelley Giglio said a few weeks ago at The Grove (a women's gathering at Passion City Church) that this album sounds like Heaven... what an awesome visual to dwell on while listening. 

Worthy- Sean Curran is something else, his spontaneous words in his own worship during this... just listen 

And this one... Holy Ground, wrecks me every single time. 

PRAYERS
-results to be benign (Blog Update: they weren't) 
-my anxiety during the procedure, it shouldn't be painful but that won't stop my anxiety from skyrocketing (Blog update: it was more emotionally hard than physically, thank goodness) 
-Getting through the rest of the weekend, while waiting for the results. we have a jam packed weekend, but for peace to rule in my heart, continuously. (Blog update: we stayed super busy and John's party was so much fun!) 

Love you all!! 
Carly

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cancer. Part 1.

Surgery.

Cancer. Part 3.